🌿💚Amla, Amalaki, Indian Gooseberry or Emblica officinalis, is an Ayurvedic berry known for having five of the six tastes. These include pungent, bitter, astringent, sweet and sour, excluding salty. Its qualities make it pacifying to Vata, Pitta, and Kapha and can be used in all seasons.
🍀Charaka Samhita, the ancient text on Ayurveda, describes Amla as the best amongst rejuvenating herbs.
Benefits of Amla:-
1. 🌸Taking Amla helps to build ojas, energy for life, due to its rasayana qualities and improve immunity of the body.
Amla powder, amla juice, fresh Amla fruit or Amla capsules can be used.
2. 🌱The high vitamin C and antioxidant content helps control blood pressure and helps in the absorption of iron.
3. 😋Amla can strengthen digestion, absorption and assimilation of food. The cooling tendencies of Amla helps to clear out excess heat within the digestive track and promote regular bowel movements. Taking regularly can enjoy the taste of food better.
4. 👁💁♀️Beneficial for skin and eye health due to high mineral and antioxidant levels which promote the growth of healthy cells. Amla juice or Amla powder are good supplement to improve near-sightedness, cataract and glaucoma
5. 🙆♀️Promotes hair growth - Amla juice can be applied to the scalp to encourage hair growth and improve dry scalp. Amla oil can be used to massage the scalp, to stimulate hair follicles.
6. 💧Amla is ideal for calming hyperacidity and other Pitta related problems.
7. It helps in regulating blood sugar.
8. It also helps in maintaining the functioning of liver, useful in anemia.
9. Amla is a particularly good rasayana for people with Pitta body types.