PRAKRUTI TEST (Body Constitution)
Prakruti is your basic constitution. It is determined at the moment of conception and relates to your genetically inherited physical and emotional qualities. According to Ayurveda, each of us inherits a unique mix of three types of body-mind energies (doshas) which creates our specific physical and mental characteristics. Most of us have one or two doshas which are most dominant in our nature, with the remaining one(s) less significant.
These three doshas are known as Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.Using these Doshas of Ayurveda, we can identify our body-mind nature (prakruti) and use this understanding to make the most nourishing choices in our lives. It is common for people to have a blend of characteristics and usually one dosha will be dominated.
So knowing your basic constitution will help you figuring out a diet and lifestyle that are perfect for you personally and how to find the remedies that work for you.It will also help you understanding yourself better; why you are the way you are and act the way you act.
You may choose more than one answers. Add up the totals for each v, p, and k at the end. The test will tell you if you are Vata, Pitta, Kapha or any combination of the three.
v) slender person and hardly gain weight
p) medium Build
k) well built and gain weight no matter what
v) dry, thin, itches often
p) looks flushed, have lots of moles and freckles on body
k) smooth and soft, looks pale sometime
v) dry, thin and brittle p) neither dry nor oily (men, receding hairline), grey premature k) thick, full, lustrous, and slightly oily
v) small; they feel dry often and have a bit of dullness (usually brown) p) medium in shape; sharp & penetrating k) big and round in shape, full eyelashes
v) dry, rough; slender fingers; dry nails
p) moist, pink; medium fingers; soft nails
k) firm, thick; thick fingers; strong & smooth nails
v) oval p) triangular (pointed chin, prominent jaw line) k) round
7. Voice v) weak or hoarse, stammering p) strong voice, get loud sometimes k) deep, has good tone
v) Varies, sometimes feel hungry, sometimes not, feel anxious if don’t eat p) always feel hungry. If don’t eat get irritable and angry k) don’t feel very hungry. can go without food easily for a day
9. Sleep v) do not sleep soundly at night, tend to toss and turn, wake up early in the morning p) light sleeper, usually needing less than eight hours to feel rested k) heavy sleeper, difficulty in waking up
10. Joints v) small, prominent bones, and often crack p) medium and loose k) large, sturdy, with lots of muscle surrounding
11. Bowel Movement v) tendency of constipation and can go a day or two without a bowel movement p) regular and sometimes stools are loose (tend to get diarrhea) k) no problem
12. Emotions v) often feel anxious and nervous p) If things don’t happen my way, feel irritable and angry k) happy person, very caring and loving
13. Weather Preference v) like warm and humid weather p) enjoy cool weather, dislike a warm climate k) like wam but dry weather
14. Sweating v) sweat little p) profusely and it might have an unpleasant odor k) never sweat, unless working very hard
15. walk v) walk fast and talk fast p) average speed k) slower pace 16. Memory v) remember quickly and forget quickly p) remember and never forget k) takes while to remember, but never forget
17. Actions v) spontaneous p) a list maker. Unless plan, don’t do anything k) don’t like to plan, prefer to follow others
18. Stamina v) like to do things in spurts and get tired very easily p) medium stamina k) can work long hours and maintain good stamina
19. Decision Making v) change mind more often and will take time to make a decision p) can make a decision easily and stick with it k) want others to make the decisions
20. Sports v) like action p) like to win k) like to have fun
21. Health Problems v) symptoms are mainly pain, constipation, anxiety and depression p) often get skin infections, fevers, heart burn, hypertension k) tend to get allergies, congestion, weight gain and digestive problems
v) like art (drawing, painting, dance) and travel p) like sports, politics, and things that gets adrenaline pumping k) like nature, gardening, reading, and knitting.
v) gets restless easily (it starts racing) p) get impatient easily k) very calm
v) spends easily, doesn’t save much and often feels poor p) spends money on certain chosen things, luxury k) saves money, spends freely on food and entertainment
Total up your v’s, p’s and k’s and see which dosha(s) are dominant in you!